Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Money

Well, I applied for unemployment and social security (and I think Medicare was part of that application process--it wasn't really clear). It will be interesting to find out if I get any of Garry's money since they asked if I'd been married for more than 10 years to anyone and if he'd "deceased" since then. (I didn't know "deceased" was a verb until today.)

I'm going to leave my lovely apartment in Shoreview and move to the campground in May for the summer. I'll have to figure out something else come September/October. I guess marriage is out. It wasn't offered as an option but I would take it. I've sent a list of my future income. I still owe on my car and have some back taxes I've been whittling away. All those will be more of a challenge with my income cut in half or worse.

But at least I'm not faced with Teresa every day. Monday morning before going to work my blood pressure read 150/97. Today it's 107/73. Quite a difference, I'd say.

Teresa screwed herself as well as the people I used to work with so I hope she's happy with the result. Everyone I've e-mailed so far has been great.

By the way, start using a2zme2 at gmail dot com from now on. As of May 1, I won't have Comcast. I won't have cable TV either. Fortunately, most (but not all) of the shows I like are on CBS.

Time to go back out onto my balcony for some R&R in the sun. Then I'll start shoveling out my apt. for real.

2 comments:

anncrafts said...

So sorry to hear about your job loss. It really stinks! I can tell that you are grieving right now - might be wise to take a few days to carefully think things through before making a lot of decisions. Praying for you!

a2z said...

Thanks for your support. It's been a week and I think I know at least the direction I'm headed. Details are not clear yet. Mostly, I'm taking time to handle legal stuff and also cleaning out the detritus of my life from my apartment so I can downsize into something I can afford on SS and keep up my car payments.