Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New Use for Post-it® Notes


I work in a really nice modern office building. The restrooms have auto-flush capability. Unfortunately, the stools work a bit more like a bad bidet. They splash water up on you but it's used water, if you know what I mean.

And every time I lean just a little bit to get some tissue, the splashing starts. It's gone off as many as 3 times before I was done! Yuck.

I was sitting back at my desk, catching my breath from all the startles I'd gotten (hearing aids make toilet flushing really loud). A glance toward the phone to see if I'd gotten any calls while I was gone showed this pack of Post-it Notes and I had one of those light-bulb moments.

Now when I leave for the restroom, I take a Post-it with me and stick it over the red eye at the back of the stool. Now it only flushes when I take away the Post-it...when I'm done and not before. Ahhhh.

Now I can sit in peace.

1 comment:

MNLacer said...

Hahaha! That gives yet another meaning to 3M's slogan, "Innovation working for you!"

Congratulations on removing one annoyance.

Betty