Friday, January 16, 2009

More of this and that

Brrrrrr. It's -21 F outside with wind chills between -30 and -40 F. I'm glad I park in a heated garage.

Here's my Christmas cactus.


It is more than 30 years old and hasn't bloomed for the last several. It was worth the wait. As you can see in this image, it has bark-covered trunks. There aren't a lot of blooms but, as I said, it's the first time in 12+ years.


Knitting: Yes, I still knit. I've fallen for the Noro 1x1 two skein scarf. The first image is made of Noro Silk Garden in 84L and 245. The colors are very bright. I made this one most recently. 45% silk, 45% kid mohair, 10% wool. I never thought I could wear mohair so I'm glad I tried this one. It doesn't itch at all.


This second one was made first using Noro wool. I didn't keep the wrappers so I can't tell you the numbers. I'm amazed at how soft this one is. It's 100% wool and is very scratchy in the knitting process. The yarn sticks together and that's really annoying.

No comments: