Friday, August 22, 2008

Boooorrrrriiiiiiinnnngggg

I've cut my vicodin dosage to one tablet at a time every 4-6 hours. I'm hoping I'll be off it during the day next week so I can start working again. I still won't have much strength in my arm but maybe I'll be able to think more clearly.

I've had to be extremely deliberate when I put something down so I can remember where it is and not have to walk around my apt. 3-4 times looking for it. That was a real problem when I was taking 2 tablets at a time.

Cutting back to one tablet has helped me think more clearly as long as the pain stays at bay. But I still have no energy. I went out Wednesday evening with Ben and Stephanie to refill my prescription. It took 15 minutes for them to get around to telling us they didn't have any at Target. Cub foods did. When I got home I was exhausted.

Last night David took me to Walgreens to see if they had a softer sling. The one the doctor put me in is rubberized and hot and curls in at the edges. Now I have a nice cool one for daytime use. Again, exhausted when I got home.

The photo is the scarf I started before the surgery. I would put up a link but I keep getting a 404 error. Sorry. Basically it's k5 p1 forward and k1 p5 back, then move over a stitch so the p's all move diagonally to the left.

It's a relatively simple pattern that can be worked under the influence of good drugs. But I've only put about 6 rows on it. The problem is my arm can't rotate to a more palm-up position so it's very difficult to do any knitting. Darn. Double darn.

I'd read more, but it puts me to sleep. And I have trouble holding a book. Oooh. Sorry. Merlot, chablis, PORT.

I'm whining again. Maybe if I take a shower and walk all the way to the trash can to throw out my kitchen garbage, I'll feel better. Or be tired enough for a nap.

No comments: